New Windows OS

Lord Kalthorn said:
Rocker, let down indeed! What is Linux's answer to Longhorn?!

We well never know, but since Microsoft seem to be intent on destroying every single peice of competition, i'll admit it, those moneygrabbers may actually completely screw Linux over. However, i have a strong feeling that Linux's pressence will be more powerful than it is a the moment, and will probably have a very, very, impressive answer. But hey, we'll see when the time comes along.:)

Indeed we shall! Onwards and upwards, as they say!

You want to know who the Dirty Linux-Folk are, I've been thinking about it, they are the people who work on Linux for free, and get paid for working on Windows to pay for their working on Linux. Its them, the dirty double-programmers; who screw up both operating systems even if by a little.

Linux doesn't need an answer to longhorn. Sys admins who swear by it and have worked with it for years will keep it going.

David Lindon said:
Linux doesn't need an answer to longhorn. Sys admins who swear by it and have worked with it for years will keep it going.

This is just it, it is how someone is grown up that will decide upon his/her/it (in the case of a Linux-Child) opinions on Operating Systems. its the same with Macintosh

lol

I did not grow up on Microsoft; Microsoft grew me up! My parents are from the Pre-Microsoft era and have no serious idea about computers, from 6 I knew more than them - its always the way. I'd imagine my children will do exactly the same - but I'd prefer them not to.

I grew up with microsoft as everyone does. It is shoved down your throat at high school like do a letter on word and this is the start bar etc. But I moved away to experiment.

Well, these are all general terms - Word is the biggest Word Processing Program in the World, and the Start Bar is now more recognisable to people than the Internet Explorer Back Button!

Nobody's going to say use the Word Processor when they could say use Word; nobody is going to say use the Spreadsheet when they could say Excel. To some of the slobs in my school, saying use the Database would go right through them - but use Access would mean at least something.

Back
Top Bottom