XP & DOS based apps

Dad_A_Tude

Beta member
Finally broke down and went to XP. Problem is, I use Autocad12 & NcPolaris to make codes for flame cutting machines. Can't get them to work.
So, is it possible to use these programs with XP or does it look like I'll have to re-install 98se on another drive?

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

There is not reason why they won't work under XP. Check their websites for updates or something.

Thanks David. An obvious thing to over look. Unfortunatly has not helped. Removed the one error, but now it loads the batch file scrambled. Hopefully I'll figure it out one of these days, but for now, time to set up my old machine to do the work. Monday's coming all too quick.
Thanks again,
Rob

There could be some reasons. What exact errors are you getting?Microsoft made XP without backwards compatability in the forefront of their concern.

Hi,

I had a very similar problem myself. I used to have a database I had created with turbo pascal a while back. I solved the problem in the end by doing the following :-

Search for the executable file for the program you are having problems with. Then right click and select properties, and then Compatibility. You can then change the Compatibility Setting.

Hope that helps! But no guarantees

Back
Top Bottom