defacing web sites

They left him alone for a few reasons.

-He is extremely young
-He didn't succeed
-They probably want him to benefit society.

It was probably like a "Hey, try and do anything like that and we will get you."

Many defacers claim that they think they wont get caught, which is true.

maybe the authorities believed that the kid wasn't responsible for the hacking, there is the likelyhood that the kid was either assisted or wasn't even involved in the break-in.

I haven't read any articles, but I personally find it difficult to believe that a child of 8 years is capable of hacking a protected server. I don't know what kind of IT educational programs they are running in Turkey for children, but when I was 8, I was learning DOS on my dad's IBM XT with a greenscreen.

RC

Man, I sure would like to know enough to someday deface a website...personal website of a friend as a prank of course, a friend who I know wont press charges LOL...

Politics : Does he host it himself or does he use a company? If its his, im sure a nice little easy DOS Attack would do good. If its through a company, just simply use a password cracker and get into his account - its that simple, then have a bit of fun. But use a router or a proxy otherwise your asking to be nailed by the company. :)

If he hosts it himslef, his connection will not be fast enough to carry enough packets to crash the server. We had a Dos attack performed on us a while back and we seemed OK. Amittedly it wasn't that big. Do you have any info as to the specs of his server so it you can work out how easy it would be to take him down.

David Lindon said:
If he hosts it himslef, his connection will not be fast enough to carry enough packets to crash the server. We had a Dos attack performed on us a while back and we seemed OK. Amittedly it wasn't that big. Do you have any info as to the specs of his server so it you can work out how easy it would be to take him down.

You got Dos Attacked!? Ahaha. Somebody aint so happy with you i guess. Any ideads who it was?:confused:

BTW - about Dos Attacking his server : We do not know what connection this guy has got, what the server is running, or the power of it. We dont even know if he does host it himself. Of course, hed have to be running a reasonable connection for the server.

And as for getting the IP of it - that would be simple.

Yeah we did. No idea who, they used an anyonomous script. They were not very big because it didn't really affect us. What is the site? I take it you have the IP. From the IP you will be able to determine whether it is a residential line I.e. NTL are the block owner or if it is a company.

Back
Top Bottom