A few suggestions

Chris2

Baseband Member
I have a few suggestion which could easily bring more members and traffic.
Instead of making this an all computer forum, make it more diverse. People may come and think "i dont want to just chat about computer stuff" and this may cause them to leave. Maybe delete some computer boards and add things such as:
-entertainment:movies, music, tv, celebs etc
-polls: an all polls board
-gaming room: forum games such as word association here, other can make their own games.
-an AIM section: 3 boards for tips and secrets, general aim, and programs
-miscellaneous...web design, programming etc
-gaming: gamecube, playstation 2, xbox, comuputer gaming...

these additions would keep other people coming to your board on a more daily basis to post

Also i have a few suggestions to add some things to the board....

on the bottom of the board add a counter of how many posts and members the forum has...something like this (ex)

Forum Posts: 11785
Registered Members: 1960

for a good growing forum like this, that would be an eye-opener for people to see the success, and want to join...

Also maybe a new layout, i had some in the past and have seen some people very much liked, this one is a bit comfusing, and making it a bit simple could bring more members

Thanks, they seem good idea.
- We already have polls (You are given the option on your post)
- Our counter is top right under you PM box and menu.

well for polls i was thinkin a whole section for polls....people liked that

also deleted some comp categories to spread it around a lil...maybe make a gaming category, aa web design category...

also i think that the most recent post on a page should go on the bottom....if u have missed a whole conversation its hard to have to read the bottom post, scroll down to the rest of it, then scroll up to the next newest, scroll down more to read it, then keep doing that....if the newest is on the bottom, you can just read from top to bottom

Mines like that already, and I agree with what everything else Chris said, we need an aim section because BlueShadows was an aim site

I think this forum is set up very well. This is a computer forum. There are plenty of forums out there on other topics & non-computer related subjects.

I'd have to agree with Phranko on that one, well I don't know what aim is, but I like the forum how it is. I mean diversifying is one thing, and is C.forums starts getting into non-computer territory it's domain would be unjustified.

Although one of the reasons I goto this forum is because there arn't hundreds of people posting everyday, I mean it would be nice if we were able to get a few more members, but I'm getting to know a few people here and what they do etc.

RC

Probably replied to the wrong thread? We all make mistakes, we're human beings :D

Back
Top Bottom