The future of this forum ....

Iowa

Fully Optimized
Well, its been a VERY long time before i have made a rant about this forum .. and i think it is time to make my presence felt once again.

This time it is about a certain event that happened quite recently ... about the hiring of a certain Mod.

Now, Dave, i have heard from a certain member how you were bidding for half ownership of a company ... now i understand that people who are literally rolling in money will once in a while try to be ambitious with there money, and (like you have) invest it in certain things. I also understand that the other owner may want to be a member of this forum ... and i have NOTHING against that. However, i do not understand why you, Dave, would hire him as a mod after his first request. Not only do i feel this is unfair on *other* members who have been here a long time, but maybe an attack on me. I may be readin into somethin that doesnt exist, but, this is a "social" lounge, so i thought i would make my thoughts felt. You are very aware that I made an offer to help this forum in its needs by becoming a mod. You replied sayin that if you needed it, you would keep me in mind. Maybe that move was very ambitous of me. He stated "if you need help" in his post, and you gave him the postition straight away. Now, we both know that before some new members arrived, this place wasnt exactly booming with posts and visitors ... yet you seem to "need help".

I am not writing this to try and get a mod position, but simply because i feel slightly betrayed and feel you are betraying the members who have been here longer( and even the newer ones too ). I know that you see personal gain in this forum, but not for the same reasons as you had when you first moved to this place. You started this place for people to meet eachother, to get to know eachother through the new "fad" that had struck the online community. You made this place for YOU to meet others, and to talk to your offline friends occasionaly. However, i feel that you have turned this place into your own gain, and not anyone elses, unless they are willing to pay you money. (This has become obvious by the amount of banners and advertising junk that you got round this place) You have also shown this by the hiring of this new person. (I do not hold anything against this new character). By buying into this company, you know you will get financial gain out of the place. Now, to prove my point, if someone joined this forum, and you knew nothing of him/her, and they requested to be a mod. Would you hire them staright away? I think not.

My point is that i feel you are using this place more for financial gain and to show off your knowledge of computers to others, and not for its original intent.

This may seem "wrong" or rude to you Dave, but if you are gonna hold this thread against me because of my feelings and thoughts, then that is your own problem. I frankly could not give a damn.

BTW ... think. When and how did you get to know DJ2? Lemme tell you. Through the original CF forums. A YaBB. With no banners, no affiliations, just a simple link that you had from Matrix28. What was in it? A bunch of friends talking (and flaming - but i wont go into that), who knew eachother from school or because they knew one of the members there. It was a simple place with 40+ members. Alot of posts were made, alot of people met eachother (including you and DJ2, you and Highlander etc) and become friends. Where do you see it here? Where do you see members who go out and meet eachother? You and DJ2 already knew eachother from the beginning. Me and DJ2 knew eachother from the beginning. You have both met. We are goin to meet on next Friday at Alternative Options. Where do you see the original members of this place? You and me are the only original people who go here anymore. Dragon doesnt come here anymore. Highlander doesnt come here anymore. Bennett doesnt come here anymore. You banned Fotis. Sauron aint here. Alan aint here no more. Neither is Keith (though i dont wish for him to hurry here anytime soon)

From this, i hope you see my point of view. "The ball is in your side of the court" so to speak David.

- Rocker -

PS - i have nothing against new members of this forum.

Dude Im sorry if me being a mod hurts you, but I was mod on BlueShadowz for months before it got bought by Dvae. Ill try to live up to my mod statas and do a good job.

I also came from Blueshadowz, but to be honest...I don't want to be a mod. I'm not online enough for it, I justed wanted to be able to register and be a member.

Hi Phil, Im online alot so i can mod. But if you think I should have more posts before I mod then be it.

May i introduce myself. I am a moderator of this forum and have been before the forum was this big. I am a little concerned that this "Duck" just walks in. I respect Dave's decision but i am concerned on the effect of the other members. I know that i do not visit this website very often at the moment because i am uni and have studies to do, but being a top poster as Rocker is, i think it should be said. Thank you. Dragon

and another thing. I am not going to start a "war". i am just speaking on behalf of other members as i feel as moderator that is my job. Dave will hear my personal opinion face to face!

To be honest the only true members are me, nash and dragon.
Nash declined the moderator application a while back and I was not aware of his change of mind so the place will remain open if you would like to take it.

So there is no other faithful members would take the position accept these guys.

The truth is that we need more members and I thought this may be a good idea to attract some new faces around here and make it a little more interested. That was my intention.

Nash the offer is still open to you.

Dave, you know full well that i gave you an offer to help around here.

I was just wonderin cos i saw it in the newsletter, but if you find you do need someone else around then you know where i am. :)

The offer was out in the open Dave.

As for the "Duck" guy .... i was not "hurt" in anyway ... hopefully as you get to know me you'll learn that i dont get "hurt" easily by actions or words ... or by any other means.

James - well said and thank you for your support ... i'll try and catch you on MSN tonight .. :)

But before that I offered you the mod spot and you turned it down. As I said it is till open and As I said I needed some more mods around here so I took on Duck and am still looking. Since you were the next candidate, do you want it?

I declined the Mod position long ago ... that was while the "not so liked" members of this place were still around and wrecking the place.

As for the position, i will accept.

Little side note : Jeremy, its your birthday! I wish i went to school today to whip your behind and make you scream like a dog. :D

Back
Top Bottom