Cpu Specs

ok, i got several but ill post my most used one (development pc)

Intel Penitum 3 1ghz
512sdram
400gb hd space
triple booted freebsd, slackware, windows 2003 enterprise server

Ok, here's what I got;

2.0Ghz P4
somesort of Asus motherboard,
120GB seagate, 7200RPM, 8MB cache | 40GB Maxtor, 7200RPM
DVD play. | 32x12x40 CD burner
Geforce 2 64MB, S-video and RCA out

with Win XP Home,

RC

XtremeWarrior said:
I have a watercooled XP2200+ with a radeon 9000 pro...............

how noisy is the water cooling system? who would be suited for watercooling? just overclockers?

RC

Ok, here goes ....

P4 - 2.7Ghz
120GB HD
ATI Radeon 9200
512MB DDR
CD writer 48x
DVD Rom Drive
Win Xp Home Edition.

Not amazing but it does its job. :)

Rocker said:
ATI Radeon 9200
512MB DDR
CD writer 48x

I just don't get the thing about RAM, I mean I run 256 DDR RAM, what can't you do with less RAM then you can with more? (well, apart from more apps at once.)

Because I edit films on this machine with Adobe Premiere, and people keep telling me that you need more RAM for editing film, I've never really understood why.

I've been hearing about the latest macs, sounds like they have a bit going for them. I personally think these specs are crap, so someone please correct me if my sources are way off.

Apple G5: (keep in mind apple hardware is specialized)

- dual 2ghz processors with 1ghz FSB
- 8GB RAM (maximum expandibility)

RC

Reiken said:
I just don't get the thing about RAM, I mean I run 256 DDR RAM, what can't you do with less RAM then you can with more? (well, apart from more apps at once.)

Because I edit films on this machine with Adobe Premiere, and people keep telling me that you need more RAM for editing film, I've never really understood why.

RC
My comp also came with 256 DDR RAM - but now its 512 cos i got it upgraded for free (why not?) Though the computer was good enough for my needs, without the upgrade - i dont see why people want to upgrade there RAM. I can understand it with things like External Hard Drives and things like that (Im gettin a extra 120GB Hard drive soon - External) but why RAM? I doesnt make much difference.:rolleyes:

Though i think it might because some people on the net judge others by there computer specs - eg. 2 people have exactly the same computers, yet one has a better RAM - and he gets more respect. Yet people dont understand that your not judging someones computer, but simply how much money they have to blow on computers.

I am pretty sure windows only supports 4GB but if your run linux or a *nix you can have around 32GB like the hardforum.com server!
- Obviously you will need a lot of slots in your Mobo!

Back
Top Bottom