Converted fat 16 to 32

I asked my friend kilo your original question here is hid reply--

You can't fat32 a compressed drive. If it is to hosed, you would need an 98se boot disk that sees the cdrom and has fdisk and format on it. fdisk to LBA, thats fat32, or say yes at the prompt delete the old partition, make a new partition and reboot and format. Never turn the power off the machine while doing this. After format you'll see that it is only a 1.xgig Hard drive but it will hold win98se. WME sucks, and was made to help Celeron processors live in the 98 world.

I've asked him to join this forum too so look for him OK.

Oh I checked and see kilo already registered as member same day I did--I told him to get his butt back here. :)

MoodyBlooEyes said:
Ok..you're going to love this one! My friend that knows little to nothing about computers got a Gateway Laptop. It has a 2.5g hd running win98. She converted fat 16 to fat 32 and Lord knows what else she has done. She brought it to me and asked me to install Win ME. When I ran setup it made it to 10% complete and failed. The error says Win ME cannot install files to this computer due to an existing compressed drive. Not having dealt with this issue before I figured I should seek expert help. I checked out many of these forums and this one caught my eye. Please tell me I chose the right one. I just want to get this thing fixed so she will go home!!! LOL

Thanx,
Moody

Well my friend i didn't go past your post.
This person has not followed instructions.
Fat 16 how did it get there ? Thats w95 stuff.[9 years ago]
You must fdisk/format the hardrive first.
But many facts are not here,a 2.5 gb hd maybe the problem.
Windows me needs that much
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom