Internet connection

When installing my U.S. Robotics modem earlier this year, I had some connection difficulties too. I don't know if this will help you at all, but you could try the following --

Go to Settings>Control Panel>Phone and Modem Options>Click the Modems Tab>Select Your Modem Model>Click the Advanced Tab>Enter in "+MS=V90" (no quotation marks)

Basicall you are setting your V92 modem into a V90. Might do something. May do nothing at all. If it doesn't help, just remove the the command you entered.

sauron said:
Posible but hay you could ave told us not to put stupid comments on.....you still can by going back in time to b4 we registered than tell us and all the stupid comments would dissapear!!!

Grow up. :rolleyes:

Dave - Linux is good but WHY GO FOR XP!?

If future worms are like the previous one, (Until Longhorn comes out)then XP will still be the main target. Unlike Windows 98 S.E (which i use), which was invulnerable to the Worm. Wouldnt it make more sense to go for 98 cos its less likely to get hit by Worms?

Anywho, To Each His Own. :)

David Lindon said:
I suppose, soon I will run all red hat. Until then I am used to XP now so I will keep it.

Ah, like i said, To Each His Own. :)

David Lindon said:
Have you tried Linux?

Once, i was round a mates and gave it a try. It seemed quite good, but id still prefer Windows 98 right now. Gimme a couple of months, and ill start considering getting it. :)

Back
Top Bottom